moving Mailman

Stuart Ellis stuart at elsn.org
Wed Nov 16 20:15:25 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 12:02 -0800, Karsten Wade wrote:
> What do you think about hosting Mailman through fp.org?  Maybe a
> separate host at lists.fedoraproject.org, but have the MX forward from
> fp.org proper.
>
> This way we could open the process of creating new lists to people who
> do not have @redhat.com addresses.
>
> We could migrate over the current lists and have everything redirect
> through www.redhat.com?  Or just have new lists come up there?
>
> It will be painful to change people's habits.  Is it worth it at this
> point?  Or better now than later?
>
> - Karsten

It may break people's mail filters, so if it is going to be done I think
it would be best to announce it widely, and then do it. The number of
lists is only likely to get bigger...

(I now have 8 Fedora lists on my filter setup, and other people probably
have more).

--

Stuart Ellis

stuart at elsn.org

GPG key ID: 7098ABEA
GPG key fingerprint: 68B0 E291 FB19 C845 E60E  9569 292E E365 7098 ABEA