RSS feeds for MoinMoin Wiki

Thomas Chung tchung at fedoranews.org
Fri Nov 18 23:27:40 UTC 2005

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 17:18:25 -0500, seth vidal wrote
> Multiple questions:
> Is there a large demand for this option? What's the demand we're meeting
> with this change?
>
> I guess I'm mostly concerned about patching moin core for this item if
> it is not being considered for mainstream use.
>
> The nice thing about the html parser add-on is that it is just that - an
> add-on - not directly affecting anything in the core.
>
> Alternatively, maybe you could take those changes out to a separate
> extension so that we could package it as an add-on extension only.
>
> something like action=page_rss
>
> I've pinged some folks around moin devel to see if there's going to be a
> 1.3.6 and if that patch will be included or could be included in core.
>
> -sv

Here is my goal for this feature.

I'm not sure how far we're at for news.fedoraproject.org proposal but,
if we could enable "RSS Local" extension, we could start creating wiki pages with some
contents including the latest news and security updates then we could start instruct
users how to add RSS for our news.fedoraproject.org for their news aggregator.

--
Thomas Chung
FedoraNEWS.ORG (http://fedoranews.org)