Fedora front page

Hrishikesh Ballal hballal at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 18:13:32 UTC 2005

All,
Following is a URL for the prototype front page:

http://www.hrishikeshballal.net/other/fedora/fedoratstsite/fedora-main-tables/

It is based off a design by Diana. I am working on a different design
too but we dont think that it will work out as well as this one. I am
not sure if we have decided about removing the wiki off the front page.
I support that idea. I think It will give us a lot of flexibility.

I also had a conversation with Diana about adding "Site Navigation" in
the wiki  (FedoraMain > Marketing > YouAreHere)  . Diana feels that it
should be on top of the site. I am going to try to put it right after
the "search" box, to the left. I will modify the template and mail it to
Seth. If you want to request a screenshot before we commit these
changes, please let me know.

If we decide to get rid of the wiki as a front page, and if there are no
changes on the prototype above, we can use it the way it is. If we
decide to use the wiki as the front page, I will need to investigate how
we can implement this on the wiki and will need some help. I mailed one
of the MoinMoin developers and asked if we can have individual CSS for
pages. If anyone knows / has experience with it please let me know.

Hrishi