Art Gallery and Plone Issues

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Thu Aug 3 17:30:12 UTC 2006

Fedora Art team needs some kind of art gallery system like
http://art.gnome.org.

Existing popular solutions are PHP based and generally unacceptable for
security reasons.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-websites-list/2006-July/msg00025.html
Summary of current Plone situation.

 From what I can gather, Plone is installed and running, but it is
currently not widely used by Fedora for several big reasons:

- It is questioned whether Plone is needed at all.
- It doesn't integrate with the Fedora Account system.  I would assert
that this would be a requirement for production plone deployment,
because we shouldn't have yet another account database to maintain.  The
account system is centralized for a reason, and makes it easier to
enforce CLA.

http://www.contentmanagementsoftware.info/zope/photo-gallery
It is unconfirmed whether the plone component described here will
actually do the job.  Has anyone tried it?

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com