Wiki Migration

Paulo Santos paulo.banon at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 5 11:32:18 UTC 2006

Hi John,

I will reply to number 1.

1. Is the move back to fedora.redhat.com a temporary situation for testing?
Yes. webtest.fedora.redhat.com, was the available domain name, that i could
use to deploy the 'testing' environment. Don't forget that
fedoraproject.orgis just an A record pointing to a server in Duke.
Whenever you go to http://webtest.fedora.redhat.com/wiki you are already
going through the architecture to where we will change the
fedoraproject.orgdomain to.

So currently you have:
end user > browser > fpserv

and in a near future:
end user > browser > Load balancer > proxy servers (with squid) > app (wiki)

So in conclusion, webtest.fedora.redhat.com is the actual server that will
support the wiki, but with a different domain name.

Feel free to ask, if you still have any doubts.
I'm currently also in #fedora-docs as paulobanon, so drop me an email or ask
on the channel :)

Paulo