pt_BR translations on the wiki, and more

Thomas Chung tchung at fedoraproject.org
Thu Feb 9 15:23:03 UTC 2006

On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 12:09:52 -0200, Hugo Cisneiros wrote
> Hi people,
>
> I'm sending this e-mail with 2 purposes: one is to announce that I began
>   the wiki translation to pt_BR, and the second is to discuss another
> issue. Pasting a yesterday's IRC log here about this issues:
>
> =====
> Feb 08 11:45:17 Eitch	hi, is there any way to use the fedora wiki or
> some websites to post content on another language? i was going to set up
> a site but i thought: "instead of creating another site, i could unify
> using the already functional sites"
> Feb 08 17:23:06 quaid	Eitch: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Languages
> Feb 08 17:23:32 quaid	that's about translation, but I think you can
> figure out how to split off a per-language namespace from that
> Feb 08 17:23:50 quaid	i.e., wiki/pt_BR/NewPages
> =====
>
> Bringing this discussion to the mailing list... :) Is putting
> independent content about Fedora on the wiki healthy? Or only the
> translations? What is the wiki policy for this?
>
> --
> []'s
> Eitch

Hi Hugo,

We need *translation* not an *independent* content on different languages on our
official fedora websites - http://fedora.redhat.com and http://fedoraproject.org

If you need to be put *independent* content, then I would suggest to setup *independent*
web site with Fedora Logo upon approval.

See Logo guideline and policy at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Logo

Regards,
--
Thomas Chung