pt_BR translations on the wiki, and more

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sun Feb 12 17:12:25 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-02-09 at 15:28 -0600, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>         http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SexCitationsTecken
>
> Because I am a very curious person, what exactly is
> 'SexCitationsTecken' supposed to mean in English.

Clair answered separately:

"Roughly translates as "Six citation putting conventions" - it's
Swedish.
The Swedish language is always fun for English.. including words like
"sex" and "bra" in everyday language :)

Looks like an innocent wiki page though, listing conventions on how to
cite your name."

My point was that, without an editor who reads Swedish checking Swedish
language pages, there is no way for the rest of us to know if that page
is about "six of something" or "sex of something."

>         Bob noticed this one last week from a search for
>         "java".  Investigation
>         shows that i) it does not have an author stamp at the bottom,
>
> Any reason why the wiki itself doesn't show who the initial editor
> was, along with the current information about the most recent edit? If
> not, could this be added?

That page in particular, you mean?

I'm assuming it was loaded with the Wiki, since the last edit date is
pretty far back.

> I went through the entire setup to become a contributor process, but I
> can't remember seeing a list of these  forbidden content. It woudl
> good if this  could be more obvioous to editors. A declaration of
> expected content for the wiki would be nice.

We try.  There _is_ a lot of content that one needs to read to be a full
contributor, but it's still less than Wikipedia requires. :)

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ForbiddenItems

- Karsten
Content Services                          Fedora Documentation Project
http://www.redhat.com/docs   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject