Topic Names in Wiki Translations

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Feb 16 07:21:10 UTC 2006

Am Mittwoch, den 15.02.2006, 16:54 -0600 schrieb Patrick Barnes:
> On Wednesday 15 February 2006 13:56, Hugo Cisneiros wrote:
> >
> > When translating a Wiki Topic, the translator should create a topic with
> > another name (translated to another language), and then include this
> > topic->translation to the "LanguageDict" page (for example, FrenchDict).
> > But since I began to translate, I had to begin changing Wiki links
> > within the pages a lot, and as the translations grow, this becomes very
> > difficult to mantain without errors.
> The use of translated page names is optional.  If you wish to mirror the names
> from the English version, you may do so.  If a translator wishes to put forth
> the effort to translate page names, they are welcome to do so.  It isn't hard
> to rename a page, but updating the links can take some effort.

While at this topic: I saw this pages in the openSuse wiki:
http://en.opensuse.org/Communicate
http://en.opensuse.org/Roadmap

They have a really nice feature IMHO: In the upper right box there is a
small section that says "This page in: English,
日本語, Português, Türkçe, ..."

It would be great if we would have something similar in the long term...

Just my 2 cent

CU
thl