Topic Names in Wiki Translations

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Feb 16 10:49:24 UTC 2006

Am Donnerstag, den 16.02.2006, 04:17 -0600 schrieb Patrick Barnes:
> On Thursday 16 February 2006 01:21, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> > While at this topic: I saw this pages in the openSuse wiki:
> > http://en.opensuse.org/Communicate
> > http://en.opensuse.org/Roadmap
> > They have a really nice feature IMHO: In the upper right box there is a
> > small section that says "This page in: English,
> > 日本語, Português, Türkçe, ..."
> > It would be great if we would have something similar in the long term...
> Long-term, it would be nice to make translations more accessible.
> Auto-detection of existing translations to provide links only when a
> translation is available would be nice.

Well, I don't know much about this stuff -- but I think that
auto-detection for translations is probably going to get messy when the
translated pages start to use other (e.g. translated) page names.  Or am
I wrong here?

> [...]
> We do have one nice advantage: As long as the translations are done properly,
> MoinMoin will detect the language setting of a browser and attempt to load
> the translated page automatically. [...]

/me hopes that this redirection only works on the front-page -- but
that's the case atm afaics. Good. :-))

CU
thl