tidy up

Bela Pesics bela.pesics at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 21:42:04 UTC 2006

On 2/28/06, Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-02-28 at 11:34 -0600, Patrick Barnes wrote:
> > On Tuesday 28 February 2006 03:07, Bela Pesics wrote:
> > > This is not intended to criticize anyones work but what is desirable in
> > > future?
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Bela
> >
> > Part of the reason there are so many different sites is that most of them are
> > community sites, not maintained by the Fedora Project.  At the moment, the
> > two official sites are fedoraproject.org and fedora.redhat.com.
>
> And let's be honest about this.
>
> Those sites are providing a service that we cannot provide.  They are
> more valuable to the user community as community run projects.
>
> If we ran them or more formally sanctioned them by redirecting from our
> domain, Fedora could be seen/held responsible for the content of those
> sites.

Yes, this is true regarding the sites I mentioned. However I think
giving away these functionlaties is a mistake. I mean any "community"
efforts should be left alone and encouraged, but this way fedora does
not have its official kbase, news, forum, mail archive gateway.
Ofcourse such subsites should have had to live on contribution. Still
not too late :-)

No interest?