Fedora Art gallery

Elliot Lee sopwith at redhat.com
Tue Jan 3 20:23:25 UTC 2006

On Tue, 3 Jan 2006, Arthur Pemberton wrote:

> > Neat stuff. I suppose the biggest need is for someone to take over the
> > art.fedoraproject.org project on an ongoing basis.
>

> Once pointed in the right direction, I am willing to give it a shot. I am
> looking for an area to contribute to the Fedora Project

Hey Art, that's cool. The direction to head is in finding the right
direction, so to speak. The main need is for a leader who is willing to
both do the work and guide the effort. There is no one right answer - the
site can become whatever you make it. If you have a clear idea of how the
art site should work, run with it! If not, you can always solicit ideas
from others and then move ahead with implementing them. The only
requirement is a willingness to keep driving things ahead to find the
solutions and implement them.

As far as the technical side of things how much of that do you feel
qualified to take care of? It sounds like pygallery is not "it". If you
find an existing solution to deploy, the Fedora Infrastructure team can
help with deploying it, but if a solution needs to be written from
scratch, that would probably be something that you'd have to do...

Best,
-- Elliot
Red Hat Summit Nashville (May 30 - June 2, 2006)
http://www.redhat.com/promo/summit/