Time to plan the first meeting

Patrick Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Wed Jan 4 00:50:34 UTC 2006

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hi
>
>> My mistake.  This has been fixed.  The last time I had compared Zope 2
>> and Zope 3, which was about 6 months ago, Zope 3 didn't yet have a
>> stable release.  It is unfortunate that Zope 3 is not fully
>> backwards-compatible with the Zope 2 products, or I wouldn't even list
>> Zope 2 as a consideration.
>>

> Why is backward compatibility with a older version of Zope an
> important consideration for as essentially new deployment?. Are there
> major modules which are Zope 2 only and ones which we would want in
> Fedora?. We need more details on the wiki.
>
> regards
> Rahul

Most of the key Zope products are currently only available for Zope 2.
The Zope 2 suggestion is to use the combination of Zope and Plone, and
Plone only works on Zope 2 right now.  If we decide we want Plone, then
we would have to use Zope 2 until Plone becomes available for Zope 3.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com

http://www.n-man.com/