Fedora Art gallery

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams ivazquez at ivazquez.net
Mon Jan 16 22:26:54 UTC 2006

> Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
>
> >>Here are my mockups.
> >>http://www.isity.net/artFedora/01Index.png
> >>http://www.isity.net/artFedora/02Category.png
> >>http://www.isity.net/artFedora/03Entry01.png
> >>http://www.isity.net/artFedora/03Entry02.png
> >>http://www.isity.net/artFedora/04About.png
> >
> >WOW these are great
> >+1
> >
> Agreed. Now someone needs to build the actual application and we are
> ready to shoot ahead.

I'd just like to throw my support behind TurboGears
(http://www.turbogears.org/) for this one. Presumably it's going to be
on its own hostname (art.fedoraproject.org?) so there won't be
interference with other web applications.

I could go into a long diatribe about how easy and flexible and etc. TG
is, but I recommend you take a look at it yourself.

The only downside is that it requires a daemon that uses Python, but
OTOH if the machine will be running Zope and/or Python CGI then I can't
really see that being a problem.

Unfortunately I don't have any time to work on it directly myself, but
I'm certainly happy to provide direction for those that do. Also,
#fedora-python now exists on Freenode for those that want more info
about Python et al.

BTW, *amazing* job Diana. Also, do you do [X]HTML or just mock-ups?

--
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <ivazquez at ivazquez.net>
http://fedora.ivazquez.net/