Fedora System Requirements

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sun Jan 29 08:58:52 UTC 2006

(Fedora Websites project list added, as the group most likely to help
solve user experience problems with Web-based content.)

On Sat, 2006-01-28 at 13:42 -0600, Gabriel Hurley wrote:
> Dear Mr. Wade
>
> I think that the Fedora Website ought to have an easy-to-find list of
> system requirements similar to the one found on the Xandros website;
> found at
> http://www.xandros.com/products/home/desktopoc/dsk_oc_systemreq.html
> This way, people will know if they have enough space, memory, etc.
> before they go and format their computer and install an operating
> system.

Thanks for your interest.  Sorry that the information you sought was not
easy to find.  I'm curious, how did you go about finding the information
from the Xandros website?

Hardware requirements[1] are available in the release notes, which are
within the Fedora distribution itself (/usr/share/doc/fedora-release-
X/RELEASE-NOTES-*.html) and on the website:

http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/release-notes/fc5/test2-latest-en/sn-arch-specific.html#sn-arch-specific-x86-hardware-reqs

Finally, we use the Wiki[2] for updating this content.

- Karsten

[1] http://www.google.com/search?q=fedora+core+hardware+requirements
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Beats/ArchSpecific/x86
Content Services                          Fedora Documentation Project
http://www.redhat.com/docs   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject