Copyright suggestion

Patrick W. Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Thu Sep 7 03:24:55 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 06 September 2006 21:50, Rahul <sundaram at redhat.com> wrote:
> Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > Has someone provided a process for us Docs people to provide online
> > browseable docs for our users through Plone?  If so, then I'm all for
> > it.  The wiki does not work for this purpose right now, AFAICT.
>
> Isnt all of the work currently done without plone? If you just need a
> space to publish, you can do it outside of the wiki in fp.org/docs right?

Not quite, there are still a few problems with this.  The built items
under /docs still reference files, such as stylesheets, images and other
pages, from outside of that namespace.  The process still uses PHP and other
bits that aren't available on fedoraproject.org, so we'd either have to
migrate away from those bits or we'd have to proxy or redirect fp.o/docs to
infrastructure that does.  I'm sure there are other issues for Docs, too.

Another problem is the mirror lists and other actively-used files still on
fedora.redhat.com.  We can't shut off those items, either, but they'll
probably be easier to address than /docs.

I'm not saying it isn't possible, but it's not something we can do within a
day.  Personally, I'd much rather figure out how to empower Plone than spend
a bunch of time trying to move the old cruft to fedoraproject.org.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com

http://www.n-man.com/