Plone and static content

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Tue Apr 24 15:58:14 UTC 2007

So Fedora is starting to mature a bit more in size and I wanted to get
this ball rolling.

Since fedora.redhat.com is now gone the wiki is our official content
site.  There's a couple problems with that, performance is an issue and
most content on the wiki is developer oriented.  One thing we're working
on right now for the F7 release is a simple plone instance for the
fedoraproject.org landing page.  Note, the wiki isn't going away, but
when users go to fedoraproject.org they'll see more end-user content.

My question for you guys is, once FAS2 is done and we get into having
more 'official content'.  What do you guys want to do with a plone
site?  The doc's guys will have their own site.  Is anyone interested in
this project?  The idea is that the 'official' fedora site will be very
small.  Having only minimal information for end users and potential
contributors.  It would then link to the larger sites like the wiki.

Thoughts?

    -Mike