Marketing information on FedoraProject.org

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Apr 25 19:35:27 UTC 2007

Thomas Chung wrote:
> On 4/23/07, Kamisamanou Burgess <jdub2005 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> It is my personal opinion that a link to the Marketing Resources page(
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/Banners ) should be
>> place in a more prominent position on the frontpage(
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ ). Good locations would be:
>> The Navigation menu on the right of the page
>> Amongst this link set
>>

>>  About | Get Fedora | FAQs | Documentation | Communicate | International
>>
>>  Join | Fedora 7 Schedule | Other Languages | Software Infofeed | Planet
>> Fedora The reason for this suggestion is to make it simpler for people
>> who
>> would like to use such images for marketing on their websites/blogs to
>> find
>> them. Currently anyone wanting this information must scroll down to the
>> bottom of the page, click "Fedora Marketing", click "Resources", and then
>> click "Fedora Banners".
>>
>> I would have changed this myself, but considering my lack of prominence
>> among the Edit Group, I figured I should bring it here first.
>> --
>

> Kamisamanou,
> This agenda has *not* been discussed enough nor approved by anyone in
> senior members. Please revert back to previous version.

I have reverted this change. We have way too many links in the
frontpage. I don't think we need more marketing links now. If anything
invest in cleaning up http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing so that
the links are prominent and content is well organized.

Next step would getting super simple content in the plone site up and
running.

Rahul