web sight not working

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Aug 6 23:06:11 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-08-06 at 15:47 -0500, Arthur Pemberton wrote:

> Maybe the page needs links to Google's translator. Maybe these people
> just aren't native English speakers. I find it hard to believe that an
> apperent English native government employee couldn't parse the
> information on the test page.

You may not be aware, but the Apache test page is a plague for these
kind of questions.  Red Hat has been getting them for years.  There are
a couple of (in)famous stories from CentOS[1] about people seriously and
continuously misunderstanding that page.

You have to figure, that with >6 billion people, there is going to be a
range of ability to read a Webpage and follow instructions.  It is
literally impossible to catch all the cases.

And for this were born, "Canned Responses":

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ServerTestPage

:)

[1] http://www.google.com/search?q=centos+test+page+tuttle

--
        Karsten Wade              ^     Fedora Documentation Project
    quaid.fedorapeople.org        |          gpg key: AD0E0C41