phishing from your servers

Ricky Zhou ricky.zhou at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 08:40:56 UTC 2007

On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 11:06:40AM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> I am a list admin but I don't bother with the administrative mails.
> Whatever works for the folks here is ok with me but I really would
> prefer we have a standard policy across mailing lists.
I don't see why we need to limit ourselves to using the same settings as
other Fedora lists when there is a perfectly valid reason that making
this change would benefit the list.  As we've seen in the past, it's a
pain having to remember to CC the original sender on webmaster at fp.o
emails (which are usually from non-list subscribers).

The only visible change to list subscribers would be:
 * You would no longer need to CC the original sender in webmaster at fp.o
   emails :) or manually change the recipient when you want to reply to
   somebody off-list.
 * You must remember to Reply to All on list messages (this is already
   a standard requirement on default configured Mailman lists, I
   believe).

Thanks,
Ricky