FW: [SUSPECTED SPAM] Customer Service

Ricky Zhou ricky.zhou at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 00:48:51 UTC 2007

On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 07:50:28PM -0400, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> No, it will just redirect the inquiries to the Apache Project instead.
Agreed (the Apache Project must get these emails *constantly*).  I
honestly don't expect non-technical people reporting a phishing site to
read through the ``offending'' page quite as thoroughly as we'd like.

With this in mind, I have two suggestions to reduce this problem:
 * Make the Apache test page even more painfully obvious with a message
   explicitly stating not to email the Fedora Project (in
   bolded/emphasized text, if necessary).  Although this would not make
   much of a short term difference, it might reduce these types of
   emails in the future.
 * Assuming that most complaints come through the footer link on fp.o,
   we could possibly replace the webmaster at fp.o link with a full
   ``contact us'' page (which would thoroughly explain when *not* to
   email this address).

Any other thoughts on reducing misdirected webmaster at fp.o emails?

Thanks,
Ricky