The great content migration

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sun Dec 2 03:46:27 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-12-01 at 14:28 +0400, Laith Juwaidah wrote:

> I think that the documentations, i.e.: Guidelines (Packaging, Translation,
> Installation (yes, installation guide, like the one here[1])),

We already have an installation guide and it doesn't benefit from being
worked on the wiki.  The one you link to here couldn't be used, it's
pretty scary.

>  Release Notes,
> etc... Should be edited on the wiki, and when they reach their final form,
> they are transferred from the wiki to docs.fedoraproject.org.

Some content benefits from the wiki for drafting.  Anything the length
of a guide or long tutorial suffers on the wiki.

> This may sound crazy but, why don't you move the contributors' pages to some
> static pages? Say, on their fedorapeople spaces, that way, they can customize
> them ;) and it'll be easier for whoever wants to view them, since it'll be
> just username.fedorapeople.org, for those who can't design their own pages,
> fedora-websites can be asked to create a template for them, not to mention
> that they can create a tiny webpage there, where they can have links to
> whatever they have in their space...

True, we could do that.  The wiki pages were used initially because that
was all we had.

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.