Attempting to download Fedora 8

Ricky Zhou ricky at fedoraproject.org
Wed Dec 5 13:09:24 UTC 2007

On 2007-12-03 01:04:30 PM, Huff, Rick A wrote:
> I have tried to download the Fedora 8 DVD iso image multiple times
> from multiple computers on multiple networks.  Every time, the
> download terminates before the entire image reaches my desktop.  The
> most I have been able to get has been 2G of the image.  I have tried
> it with Firefox, IE7, and Konqueror, all to no avail.
If you've been using HTTP, the servers that you're downloading from
might not have large file support.  Try going to
http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/publiclist/Fedora/8/ and manually
selecting a nearby FTP mirror.  If this is the problem, then you should
hopefully be able to continue the failed download from 2GB on.

Thanks,
Ricky