known bugs

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Dec 13 18:40:03 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-12-13 at 16:09 +0100, jan sekal wrote:
> Hello,
> I found out, that on the page
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/
> the link "The Fedora common bugs page is useful for finding fixes to
> already known issues."
> If so, I think it is a good idea.. If I didnt see it the last time,
> sorry..

Nope, it wasn't there before, I put it up in response to your
suggestion, thanks!

> But to place it more upstream, on http://fedoraproject.org/, in the
> field Navigation or Tool, would be helpful as well (I think).

I agree in spirit, but I want to let the web designers think about how
to best fix that top level page.  We work hard to keep the number of
links there low, so each link added requires some consideration.

For example, we might want to put a link to a bug landing page.  That
bug landing page would then have:

* Link to common bugs
* Link to bugzilla for bug reporting
  * with a how-to link
* Seeded search box, similar to http://start.fedoraproject.org
  * seeded to make it easy to search site:bugzilla.redhat.com and
site:fedoraforum.org
* Etc.

- Karsten

--