NTFS Access On KDE

Makoto Mizukami mmk9060 at aol.com
Sat Dec 15 06:48:29 UTC 2007

> I can, easily access On my NTFS drives from GNOME.But NTFS drives r not visible on KDE.Whenever I go to ¨root/media¨,it does not show anything.But from GNOME i can c all da NTFS and EXT3 drives there.What to do?

You can mount NTFS and other filesystem easy from GNOME because of gnome-mount.  KDE does not use gnome-mount, and you can't mount these drives like that in GNOME.
You can mount "/dev/sda1 at /mnt/sda1" by following commands:
$ mkdir /mnt/sda1
$ mount /dev/sda1/mnt/sda1 -t ntfs-3g

In order to get the name of block device(like "/dev/sda1" of that sample), you can use fdisk command (but You will have to input root password).
As you know, you can type commands from KDE by using Konsole (in KMenu, etc.).

Thanks,
Makoto Mizukami

P.S. You can ask such HOW-TO-questions at "fedora-list", list for users of Fedora, at which a lot of experts for answering questions are active.  You should check: