Do Fedora static page handle Multi-Language requests automatically?

Wilmer Jaramillo M. wilmer at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jun 5 02:49:03 UTC 2007

On 6/4/07, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:
> Wilmer Jaramillo M. wrote:
> > What possibility there is to translate the static page to
> > multilanguage and to make it available to the community? respond to
> > browser language requests with the corresponding translation via
> > 'Accept-Language' request header field that it sends to the web server
> > and later with mod_negotiation module or anything.
> >
> > For example, Apache web server would respond for the file
> > fedoraproject.org/index.html.es or fedoraproject.org/index.html.br if
> > the your browser preferred language is settting to Spanish or
> > Brazilian respectively.
> >
> :) see the infrastructure list request on this one.  We'll be able to do
> it pretty easily when the plone part is done.  We're just blocking on
> Jonathan to get the product made based off of our new theme.

Good Mike, I hoped that implant a language-preference should be simple
to implement with some code Javascript and server config with a
relatively low technical effort, it's really important for the
ambassador group for take marketing advantage, whatever, how long
approximately should implement plone?

--
Wilmer Jaramillo M.
GPG Key Fingerprint = 0666 D0D3 24CE 8935 9C24 BBF1 87DD BEA2 A4B2 1E8A