Improving wiki localization

Samuel Bizien samuel-bizien at club-internet.fr
Sat Jun 23 21:18:17 UTC 2007

Le samedi 23 juin 2007 à 19:52 +0100, Dimitris Glezos a écrit :
> > 2. Include a list of translation available on the pages. I saw it was
> > impossible to do it automatically with MoinMoin (it's one of the feature
> > request -and there's a lot of feature requests-). Maybe the l10n teams
> > could manage it, no ? For example, we could :
> > - List all translations available on the english page
> > - In translated version, add a link to english (original) page.
>
> I've copied your page to our wikispace, at:
>
>   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N/Wikipages
I prefer your version, i think it's more "clear".

> I added another approach: create a subpage listing translations and linking from
> all pages there, so that all localized pages link to all the rest. I used a
> table and some CSS to style it up (which could be moved to our CSS file
> screen-common.css).
That sounds pretty a good solution.

> We need to decide on the separation character for the page names: Blah.fr_FR,
> Blah_fr_FR, or Blah-fr_FR?
For the moment, we prefix adresses by language name. For example:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join
-> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/fr_FR/RejoindreFedora
-> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/pt_BR/Join
-> [...]
The french version of the wiki is under fr_FR/ "directory", but original
names are not always kept.

Regards.

Samuel Bizien.