Internet Explorer and Fedora website

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jun 25 16:06:57 UTC 2007

Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Máirín Duffy wrote:
>>> Hi Rahul,

>>> I thought that we had talked about this a couple of weeks ago and
>>> you'd said you'd provide a screenshot?
>>>
>>> (Seriously, hard to fix if you don't know how it's broken :) )
>>
>> Screenshots would only help to fix this particular issue.
>
> Sure, but isn't the point to get this particular issue fixed?

That's part of it but it would be better if we make sure that when we
make modifications we also check against the popular browsers.

  I think
> supporting IE 6 and IE 7 only at this point is a quite reasonable rule
> of thumb and I think we've made a statement to this effect on this list
> before.

I am not quite sure what the version number was since this happened a
couple of weeks back. I don't know  who gets to decide which browsers
are going to be supported since there is no formal team or team lead. If
this is policy I would prefer that it was documented in the wiki
prominently rather than in some offhand mailing list post.

Having a formal team is good for other reasons too as Karsten Wade
highlighted before. After the discussion surrounding spins and security
page happened, I wrote a draft content and then later a reminder with no
happened so far.

Rahul