Internet Explorer and Fedora website

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Mon Jun 25 19:36:50 UTC 2007

Karsten Wade wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-06-25 at 12:27 -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 2007-06-25 at 11:07 -0400, Ricky Zhou wrote:
>>

>>> As for the alignment issues, it should be noted that the current CSS in
>>> CVS isn't synced on the site, which are probably causing a lot of the
>>> problems (I mentioned this on IRC a while ago).
>>>
>> Not according to what I just saw[1].  What is in CVS is tagged LIVE and
>> is the same as what we are serving at
>> http://fedoraproject.org/style.css.
>>

> Sorry, I think you must be talking about the Moin CSS, not the static
> CSS.
>
> When it is sufficiently painful for F-Infra to do it manually, they'll
> figure out how to automate it, I reckon.

Actually, in general, I'm pretty un happy with the way we do automated
pushes from cvs -> the website.  For both security reasons and best
practice reasons.  Some of that we inherited, some of it not.  In our
case (like with docs.fp.o) cvs is our CMS so its required there but for
some stuff like code I really prefer not to do it that way.

    -Mike