FedoraMainGroup

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Jun 7 19:42:17 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-06-02 at 11:56 -0700, Thomas Chung wrote:
> On 6/2/07, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:
> > I might have missed something, when/why did we setup a FedoraMainGroup.
> > Were we having issues?
> >
> >     -Mike
>
> In the past, we had an issue with new users/contributors adding stuff
> and changing things around in our *FedoraMain* page without discussing
> in the list. So I took an initiative to add acl with
> FedoraMainGroup[1]. Most of them are active project contributors
> including active websites team and ambassadors team. I hope you all
> agree with me since this is our *Face* for Fedora Project. :)

Yes, this is one of the "mostly immutable" pages in the Wiki.  Just
because we don't want a link farm there, it's not the right solution,
and everyone will fight to put up their favorites.  Search, search, and
better search our the proper solutions there. :)

However, for the rest of the Wiki, we are moving rapidly to dropping the
EditGroup ACL:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-infrastructure-list/2007-June/msg00036.html

- Karsten
--
   Karsten Wade, 108 Editor       ^     Fedora Documentation Project