deprecating content

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Mar 9 22:02:41 UTC 2007

As we move content from fedora.redhat.com/docs to
docs.fedoraproject.org, it would be good to deal with some deprecated
content.  In particular, we have content that is only appropriate for
previous version of Fedora, such as the stateless Linux materials.

Even when something is outdated and therefore currently inaccurate, I
still feel as if we need to mark it as archived v. delete it entirely.
The latter happened recently with the "Stateless Linux Tutorial".  I
think a better solution is to put up an interstitial page that describes
it as deprecated and links to it, then we can let that stay in time.

Any thoughts on approaches here?  What should stay forever?  Is there
anything that should be deleted from the Internet forever?

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, RHCE, 108 Editor    ^     Fedora Documentation Project