Wiki tweaks 2

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Wed Mar 14 04:56:16 UTC 2007

O/H Thomas Chung έγραψε:
> On 3/12/07, Dimitris Glezos <dimitris at glezos.com> wrote:
>> O/H Thomas Chung έγραψε:
>> > Yes, I still see an issue with mixing bullets and numbered items.
>> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ThomasChung/NumberedTest
>> > Any numbered items with a bullets becomes all bullets.
>>
>> Fixed. It took me some hours but it's finally OK (nasty little
>> inheritance bug).
>
> I'm sorry but I don't see it as fixed.
> It still converts mixed bullets and numbers to *only* bullets.
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ThomasChung/NumberedTest
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Distribution/FreeMedia/FC5DVD/October
> More examples at
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Distribution/FreeMedia/FC5DVD

First, make sure your browser cache is refreshed by doing a Shift-Reload in it.

Second, and most important, it is not allowed to mix lists on the same level
(even with a blank line in between them). Quoting from [1]:

  To nest lists of different levels, you use different depths of indenting. All
  items on the same indent level belong to the same (sub-)list. That also means
  that you cannot change the style of a list after you started it.

Thit means, the following will *not* work:

 * foo
 1. foo
 1. foo

nor will this:

 * foo

 1. foo
 1. foo

But the following will work:

 * foo
  1. foo
  1. foo

More info about this bug/feature at [2].

-d

[1]: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/HelpOnLists
[2]:http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinBugs/MixedNumberedAndUnorderedLists

--