Patch to move wiki button bar below text area

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Mon Mar 26 03:18:31 UTC 2007

Dimitris Glezos wrote:
> Attaching a patch for Moin to move the wiki edit buttons under the comments,
> something some users have asked for.
>
> Of course this messes with the actual Moin code and will be re-written in case
> of an upgrade. Nevertheless, it might be worth it (besides, if we don't apply
> the patch after the upgrade, nothing breaks really).
>
> I've also created an upstream RFE:
>
>   http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/FeatureRequests/MoveButtonBarBelowCommentBox
>
> -d

First off, I just want to say glezos is wiki-amazing :-).  Beyond that I
wanted to state my concerns with this patch.  If we can get this
incorporated upstream, I think it's great.  If not my concern is ongoing
maintenance.  It's never a fun thing to keep a local fork up to date.
I'll leave it entirely up to the websites team but I wanted to point out
that there are steep requirements long term with this patch which may
muck with future upgrades and I want to make sure everyone considers it
for an aesthetic change.

Though "not applying the patch if its broken" does kind of solve all of
these concerns :-)
    -Mike