static page for F7 release, new directions

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed May 2 11:54:13 UTC 2007

Máirí­n Duffy wrote:

> I don't know if I'm as happy with the moin template I hacked up a few
> weeks back:
> http://wiki.linuxgrrl.com/

This looks better than what we currently have to me.

> This is something I came up with kind of doodling based off of the 404
> page design but I'm not crazy about it:
> http://people.redhat.com/duffy/fedora/web/static-page-design.png
>
> Maybe a better iteration:
> http://people.redhat.com/duffy/fedora/web/static-page-design.2.png

Some of the download and order links seems to be duplicated on the side
bar as well as before Fedora 7 image. Is that intentional?

Developers are computer users too. I would just suggest having a single
page for all of our audience and have sub sections highlighting the
benefits for different kind of end users.

Something simpler like "What's New?" or even "Why is Fedora 7 for me?"
without a preceding sentence would be better IMO. We should probably do
more mockups and move some of the end user facing content that is linked
from the front page from wiki to plone.

Well done. Thanks.

Rahul