static page for F7 release, new directions

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Wed May 2 15:24:26 UTC 2007

Mike McGrath wrote:
> Máirí­n Duffy wrote:
>>
>> Maybe a better iteration:
>> http://people.redhat.com/duffy/fedora/web/static-page-design.2.png
>>
> I wish I could do that.  Question: are we going to have just the one
> landing page or a couple of pages, say one landing page that has the big
> "Get Fedora 7 Now!" which links to a how to get Fedora 7?  Or just one
> big landing page?  My preference would be for the main landing page to
> just have a few links on it.

Well, all the links on there (besides the fake navbar links) I intended
to point to wiki pages and I had particular pages in mind for most of
them. On top of that static index page I was thinking we could have an
upsell / tour type page the 'Why is Fedora 7 for me?' link could point
to. So two static pages is what I was thinking. Is it okay to rely on
the wiki like that?

~m