Website update

Ricky Zhou ricky at fedoraproject.org
Tue May 15 01:01:32 UTC 2007

Máirín Duffy wrote:
> http://people.redhat.com/duffy/fedora/web/static-page-2.html
>
> It's all fc6-ified, what do you think?
Nice- I really like the changes that you make- looks much more polished
now.

As for the browser bugs that have been mentioned around here, this
version should fix many of them: http://fedora.riczho.dyndns.org/static/
That version was intended to implement your design/content as closely as
possible, with a few tiny changes to fix browser problems, etc. (also, I
may not have gotten your font sizes/colors exactly correct, so please
e-mail me with any visual elements that I messed up).

Summary of changes:
* Instead of displaying a black area, the page extends to the viewport
if the content is too short.  (Used method outlined here:
http://test.riczho.dyndns.org/fullheight/).
* I had to bring the content area much closer to the sidebar in order to
get it to display correctly in IE/1024x786
* The roles list may be messed up- I rush-fixed this to use a <ul> and
eliminate the illegal <div> in the <a>, but the pixel dimensions might
make it not scale as easily.

I've tested the CSS in IE 5.5/6/7, Konqueror/Safari, Firefox, and Opera
9.  There is an issue with Safari 1024x786 (I think) where the column
drops down.  I think this is because of the wide screenshot banner
(maybe we could size it down a bit)?

The markup/CSS should be pretty clean and stable.

And just a side note to any testers around reading this- here are some
useful (and surprisingly fast) sites to get screenshots of a site in IE
5.5/6/7 and Safari:
* http://ipinfo.info/netrenderer/index.php (IE)
* http://browsrcamp.com (Safari)

Hope we can work with this,