Website update

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Tue May 15 06:00:14 UTC 2007

Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Mike McGrath wrote:
>> Question: Could we make a "Fedora 6" version of this to stick out
>> there right now and then switch to the F7 pages when they get out?
>> It'd be nice to battle test some of this stuff before the actual
>> release.  What do you think?
>
> http://people.redhat.com/duffy/fedora/web/static-page-2.html
>
> It's all fc6-ified, what do you think?

It does not look very good on small screen sizes, for 1024x768 you have
basically to keep the browser full-screen for a correct display of the page.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/NicuBuculei?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=website_shoot_small.png

I know the argument about simple users with poor hardware and using all
their application windows maximized, I guess I am in the minority using
a larger screen size and smaller windows.

But how about making the width of the 3 thumbnails dynamic so they wrap
if not enough space?

In the awstats page we don't have any data about screen resolution so I
will use instead the numbers from my own Fedora website: 40.33% of the
visitors use 1024x768, maybe only part of them are not keeping the
browser full screen, but still is a big number.