Website update

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue May 15 20:47:29 UTC 2007

Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> "The Fedora Project is a collection of projects sponsored by Red Hat,
>> and developed as a partnership between the open source community and
>> Red Hat engineers. The goal of Fedora? The rapid progress of free and
>> open source software and content. Public forums. Open processes. Rapid
>> innovation. Meritocracy and transparency. All in pursuit of the best
>> operating system and platform that free software (link to
>> http://www.fsf.org/licensing/essays/free-sw.html) can provide."
>>
>> "Fedora is Linux based operating system and platform that showcases
>> the the best combination of robust and latest free and open source
>> software. Fedora is always free for anyone to use, modify, and
>> distribute. It is built by people across the globe who work together
>> as a community: the Fedora Project. The Fedora Project is open and
>> anyone is welcome to join.
>>
>> "The Fedora Project leads the advancement of free and open source
>> software. By using Fedora, the best of software created by the Linux
>> and Free software community is in your hands."
>
> The first paragraph is too long and too fluffy.

Fluffy, yea but but the text you have has two issues that I can spot.
Defining Linux as the operating system instead of Fedora as a Linux
based operating system runs us straight into the Linux vs GNU/Linux
debate which we have carefully sidestepped before.

The last sentence "leading edge" is too close to "bleeding edge". I
would like to emphasize a bit more on robustness too.

Rahul