Website Considerations

Ricky Zhou ricky at fedoraproject.org
Sat May 26 01:07:28 UTC 2007

Hi!

Just some small issues/possible improvements that we might want to look at:

* We should probably add some sort of contact link so that visitors can
report any problems, etc. to us.

* Contrary to the wiki front page, we have BitTorrent labeled as
"Recommended for advanced users only."  Considering its current
popularity (and heavy loads during the release), do we really want to
discourage that many people from using the torrents?

* Would a really simple SSI templating thing be feasible?  This should
still be fast/light on the server, and it would make future static page
changes *much* easier (until we get Plone working, of course).  I've
taken 5 minutes and made a working SSI version at
http://fedora.riczho.dyndns.org/static/ssi/index.shtml, and this should
work with the following Apache configuration:

AddType text/html .shtml
AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .shtml

And:

Options IncludesNoExec