Fedora website update feedback

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue May 29 19:24:51 UTC 2007

Hi

* Change "Linux operating system" to "Linux based operating system".

* "leading the advancement of free and open source software" can be
changed to "advancement of free, open software and content".

* A link to http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate is pretty
important to have in the front page.

* No contact information yet in the website.

* http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Overview needs to be a static page. Is
anyone in the documentation team willing to rewrite this from scratch.
We can coordinate on content.

* I think the Fedora 7 "mirrors" link should be called "Download
Mirrors" and link to
http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/publiclist/Fedora/7/ directly.

* http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/publiclist isn't really a good
interface to present directly. We should look at redesigning this later.

* http://torrent.fedoraproject.org could use some changes to make clear
what bittorrent is, how it is useful and how to use it.

Rahul