Banner for F7 Home Page

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu May 31 04:39:46 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-30 at 21:51 -0400, Máirí­n Duffy wrote:

> We could have a release-specific one when a release is newly out and
> when we're in-between releases maybe pick interesting Fedora-related
> events like FUDcons and Summer of Code and such, and when its not so
> busy little ads to recruit folks for specific Fedora teams/SIGs.
>
> This could operate similar to how gnome.org's frontpage banner works -
> someone on the GNOME marketing team will have an idea to publicize a
> specific event using a front page banner, and then volunteers from the
> GNOME art community will submit designs and work with each other to
> produce the final artwork.
>
> I think it's a great idea.

Cool.  Can you kick off the process through the Art team?  We can have
ideas initially proposed and vetted on fedora-marketing-list.  This
keeps the Art team from having to decide on what is or is not
appropriate.  Once an idea is vetted, then the Art team picks it up and
runs with it.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/RotatingBanners ???

- Karsten
--
   Karsten Wade, 108 Editor       ^     Fedora Documentation Project