KISS on fp.org

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Mon Nov 5 23:28:53 UTC 2007

Max Spevack wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Nov 2007, Max Spevack wrote:
>
>> We need to make it AMAZINGLY EASY for the 90% of the users who are
>> going to show up at fedoraproject.org on release day looking for the
>> x86 Live CD or the x86 Installable DVD.
>
> I know that spins.fedoraproject.org exists basically to solve this
> very problem.  But from what I understand that isn't quite ready for
> release day, and so we need a stopgap measure.

We actually did a great deal of work on making it easier to download
Fedora.  We're down to 2 clicks this time (though you don't see that on
the Fedora 7 page right now)  After clicking on "Get Fedora" they get
this page:

http://mmcgrath.fedorapeople.org/web/en/get-fedora.html

Is that more of what you're looking for?  Thats what it will be for the
Fedora 8 launch unless you'd like us to change something.  That ones all
translated and stuff :)

    -Mike