http://fedoraproject.org/get-fedora

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Mon Nov 12 05:45:27 UTC 2007

On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 02:18:59PM -0500, Ricky Zhou wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 09:55:06AM -0500, Ben wrote:
> > a link to a SHA1sum file on http://fedoraproject.org/get-fedora would be
> > fantastic.
> Thanks for the suggestion- we are currently working on getting a
> "verifiaction" page with links to the SHA1SUMs and instructions for
> verifying the GPG signatures/checking the files.

As an aside, URLs of the form:
 http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?path=pub/fedora/linux/releases/8/Fedora/i386/iso/Fedora-8-i386-DVD.iso&redirect=1
are available by a simpler URL:
 http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/8/Fedora/i386/iso/Fedora-8-i386-DVD.iso

which further protects the user from the inner workings of the
mirrorlist code.  If/when get-fedora is updated, if the links could be
changed to these URLs instead I'd appreciate it.  (in case of an
outage like last Thursday evening, it's easier to redirect the simpler
URLs too because they're just the path as seen on the master mirror
servers, which many mirrors duplicate.)

Thanks,
Matt
Fedora Mirror Wrangler