Fedora Store Website

Ricky Zhou ricky at fedoraproject.org
Sat Nov 17 21:09:02 UTC 2007

On Sun, Nov 18, 2007 at 12:06:00AM +0400, Laith Juwaidah wrote:
> In last Fedora Store SIG meeting, tw2113, couf, and I were assigned to work on
> the website, it'll be on store.fedoraproject.org they asked me to contact you
> guys to see if you have any ideas/suggestions.
>
> So fart, this is what we have:
> 1. It'll look something like thinkgeek.
> 2. The main page will be featured items or what's new.
> 3. A "what is available for reasonable shipping prices in my region" page.
> 4. Being able to choose weather you want to order in bulk (for an event
> (ambassadors)), or small amounts (fans). Some said that this should be in the
> beginning and some said that it should be at the end near the checkout.
Hmm, if we can offer different prices for bulk orders (or have "packs"
for events), then it could be handy to differentiate early on.

> Anybody here familiar with fp.o's templates and is willing to help?
> I can do most of the work myself (i guess), I have made a webportal [1] and I
> don't think it's any harder, well, may be more concern about security, and
> less interactive ;)
Wouldn't this depend on what merchandise distributor we're going with?
Most companies will probably provide the store/products list, and the
amount of control that we have over how it looks can vary hugely.  Once
we have made some choices in this area, I can help with the websites
side (I'll try to start attending the SIG meetings next week).

Thanks,
Ricky