feed'd front page ready

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Tue Apr 1 16:34:11 UTC 2008

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:

> This weekend I worked with the RSS bits that Ricky committed last week
> and put together a 100% functional feed-enabled front page:

I know its a bit late for this but can we not do this on our front page?

Exactly what are we trying to accomplish and is putting this feed on the
very first thing people see when people look for Fedora accomplishing
that?

I certainly don't have veto powers over the website or anything like that
but I've fought 3 fights already to keep stuff off of the main page.  I
missed this one or I would have fought it too.  I say again:

There's a reason http://www.google.com/ is king and http://www.yahoo.com/
isn't.  If google can exist at the size it is with the simple home page it
has and we can't, we've done something wrong.

2 cents.

	-Mike