feed'd front page ready

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Apr 2 01:06:17 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-31 at 20:12 -0400, Craig Thomas wrote:
> 2008/3/31 Karsten 'quaid' Wade <kwade at redhat.com>:
> > This weekend I worked with the RSS bits that Ricky committed last week
> >  and put together a 100% functional feed-enabled front page:
> >
> >  http://quaid.fedorapeople.org/websites/index-rss.html
>
> Looks very nice so far, this is cool. I think maybe the same
> background color as 'get-fedora', and the rounded corners on the
> 'boxes' containing the individual feeds.

The blue-gray as here?

http://fedoraproject.org/get-fedora

I dunno how to do rounded corners, is it done with images and ...?

Also we have rounded in the graphic ad widget things, but otherwise it's
pretty much 90-degrees all over the project pages.  After seeing that
all over redhat.com for years, I'm sort-of in to the square edges. :)

> >  If you all agree, I'll be glad to make the changes into
> >  fp.org/data/content/index.html directly and commit them for further
> >  review.  Let me know if the git repo above is useful as-is, if I need to
> >  tweak something, or if you'd prefer that I post patches for review.
>
> +1 to getting changes into the git repo.  I am not sure we have a
> policy for 'feature additions'[0] in terms of version control but
> creating $some_branch would get it in everyones hands.  And then we
> can worry about getting changes into master>live.

Yeah, I'm not sure how to make that happen cleanly, though.  Anyone want
to clear that up for me?