Release counter for F9

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri Apr 4 06:51:22 UTC 2008

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Nicu Buculei wrote:
>>
>> Here is a tarball with 30 images and the SVG source:
>> http://nicubunu.fedorapeople.org/f9counter.tar.gz
>
> Can somone please get this up and running? Possibly replace one of the
> existing banners like the RHM video introducing Paul.

I see people running their own, I got so far feed-back from translations
in Portuguese, Romanian and French.
I think is not that good to have people running their own:
- if the release will be delayed, many of the counters will get out of sync;
- those are usually run in each site's timezone, so it will not be accurate;
- the banners may/may not link to the proper location (probably get-fedora);
- they are not easily embeddable (see the link below for an example) for
everyone's website (usually server-side php).

PS: it seems other distros "stole" the idea and have a better run with
it: http://jimmac.musichall.cz/log/?p=423