Countdown timer

Ricky Zhou ricky at fedoraproject.org
Thu Apr 24 04:46:20 UTC 2008

On 2008-04-24 12:00:54 AM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-04-23 at 22:53 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> > Have we tested what happens to the countdown timer when we do release?
> > Are we going to manually change the banner or does it happen on its own?
>
> I turned the time back to see, and I get text that says "Fedora 9 is
> here!" but no graphical banner.  Mike believes that the graphic is
> replaced when we have confirmed the final release is actually out on the
> wires.  Until then, maybe a placeholder?  ("Hold on, F9 is coming...")
>
> I'm just thinking about people who have put banners on their sites
> according to our instructions and what *their* visitors see.  It sounds
> like the answer is "nothing bad," which is a satisfactory answer! :-)s
It looks like we still need to make a final banner :).

Nicu - do you think we could make something that has a minimal impact on
l10n?  Perhaps we could pull a string for "Get Fedora" straight out of
the PO files (I have a list of the translations for "Get Fedora" at
http://ricky.fedorapeople.org/get-fedora.translations)?

Thanks,
Ricky