Confused ........

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri Aug 15 13:28:08 UTC 2008

Employees from CadMax Inc wrote:
> Hello, Ladies and Gentlemen,
>                                                            We are in the
> process of changing over to Linux. So we have downloaded Fedora 6 or 7.

I hope you are aware that the life cycle for both Fedora 6 and 7 ended
and none of those will receive updates any more.

>                                                            There are 4
> CDs in all and 1 CD for the extras and 1 more for the Info.
>                                                            However, we
> could not find any downloadable user guide anywhere ....... we need to
> read up on installation, how to use, where are the contents etc before
> doing anything. Yes, there is plenty of help on websites ....... but one
> has to sit there reading it and never able to remember all that. We are
> looking for user guides, user manuals , dummy info if you would, about
> Linux, about Fedora etc. We think this is the one biggest problem with
> Linux. There is no such help as a book, a guide, not even a manual.
> Everything is on the web and it is simply impossible for anyone to sit
> there clicking all over looking for one line of info. Absolutely
> ridiculous. At least Microsoft would have downloadable texts for reading
> or books written for its products.

There are plenty of books, for example perform a "fedora" book search on
Amazon.com -
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=fedora&x=0&y=0

                                                               So, our one
> and only question, also the one and only most important for anybody who
> knows nothing about Linux,  is there any such thing as a user guide and
> or manual that one could download and read at leisure, refer to as much
> as possible ............. all without being at a computer ? If so, then,
> pray, where is it ? If Linux could cross that threshold, I am convinced
> the public in general would happily switch, at least to be fair and try
> it first. But without it, I am equally convinced Linux will always be in
> the closet behind closed doors, only for those who knows how to use it.

How about the installation guide?
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/install-guide/f9/
Download the ZIP, extract its content and print the HTML files.