meeting minutes from last night

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 18:12:39 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 7:38 PM, Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> Mark wrote:
>>
>> Task name: Common look and feel
>>
>> I believe i'm partly the one that works on that since i'm trying to
>> get the amber mockups in a real website state and it's going quite
>> fine at the moment. The outer frame (not amber specific) should be the
>> default of all of fedora's sites or that's how i understood it. Shame
>> i saw this meeting message one day to late..
>>
>> To see the current progress on my effort look here:
>> http://browsershots.org/http://amber.mageprojects.com/ it currently
>> works quite well under even old browsers! Just the next step:
>> "animated menu" proves to be a pain in the ass.
>
> I've actually been working on a generic Fedora applications layout based on
> the earlier mockups I'd posted; the html/CSS I have so far is here:
>
> http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/webdesign/My%20Fedora/html/
>
> It inherits from the existing fedoraproject.org css which i think is
> important...
>
> ~m

Hi Máirín

My version was first inheriting from fedoraproject as well bus is now
made from scratch because the left menu was hard to give a background
using the existing style.css from fp.

@Karsten 'quaid' Wade
And (again) for amber. The frame around the amber layout is gonna be
generic for all of fedora (or that's the idea) and that's what you can
see live now at: http://amber.mageprojects.com/ the only thing i have
to finish there before the frame is done is the left menu. the rest is
about done for the generic frame.

And this is how it should look when i'm done for amber:
http://yipyop.com/fedora/images/fedora_apps.png

But now that i saw the post of Máirín.. which one is gonna be used as
the default frame for fedora and it's sub domains? mine or Máirín's?
(i really need to participate in the next meeting) mailed as a cc to
Robin Norwood in the hope that he can give his opinion about this as
well.