websites meeting, aug 25th

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Mon Aug 25 17:21:03 UTC 2008

Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-08-25 at 18:46 +0200, Max Spevack wrote:
>> On Mon, 25 Aug 2008, Máirín Duffy wrote:
>>
>>> I was wondering if there is anyway we could standardize the meeting
>>> time? I wonder if staggering it has lead to more people who would
>>> actually attend not being able to attend (due to confusion over what
>>> time it is this week or other obligations).
>> I would love to standardize the meeting time, but the last few times I
>> brought this up, it was voted down due to too many timezone differences.
>>
>> Maybe we can split the difference and just have it at 21:00 UTC every
>> week, instead of alternating between 20:00 and 22:00?
>
> IIRC, that would knock out both groups of people who were served by the
> split time.  I recall transit between locations being a primary
> situation.

Are you sure? I know I am sitting on a bus at 22:00 UTC but I wasn't
aware of anyone else who had transit issues?

> This is a perennial problem, with each group beating on it every time
> they want to set a meeting.  I'm wondering what else we can try or offer
> in the pool if ideas?

Are the folks driving the 22:00 UTC time showing up? Can they tolerate
21:00 instead?  Can any of these folks reading the thread right now help
us figure this out?

> * Introduce voice so that people who are in transit without Internet can
> call in and participate.

This wouldn't work for me as I sit on a bus with many other people :(

~m